...and bringing with us stories we will keep and share for a lifetime.
Apologies for not sending this update sooner. It has been a hectic week as we try to reincorporate ourselves into this country while still trying to hold the essence of what blessed us along our travels through Romania--and Ireland! A generous and loving friend has a cottage on a tidal island off the coast of Ireland and insisted that we make a stop there before returning to the States. Of course we could not refuse such an amazing opportunity.
Now for some logistical updates:
- The goal of our trip was a success. With over 20 hours of audio interviews, almost 3,000 photos (B&W film and Digital), as well as several charcoal, pencil, and ink drawings. Not to mention our brains oozing with stories.
- Postcards were sent from Romania.
- Other rewards are being compiled. They will probably be in the mail in the next two weeks.
- The only bad news is that one of the film cameras we used was somehow defective--overexposing and ruining the vast majority of the 110 photos taken with that camera. It was a really frustrating moment when I realized all those pictures were ruined, and many apologies to anyone anticipating high quality black and white photos. That said, on a good and more artistic note, the photos taken with our pin hole PinHolga camera came out really well (for a pinhole camera)! I was expecting the opposite, especially without a light meter and exposure time being quite arbitrary sometimes (from 1 second to 20 seconds). If you are utterly confused by what a pin hole PinHolga camera is (or regardless), you should watch the video below. It also includes a sneak peak of some of our photos.
- One of our backers has generously volunteered their time to help with creating a website where we will be posting our findings, stories, photos, etc. as they get compiled. More news on this as it unfolds.Thank you all again so much. It was a life-changing experience for us, and we are so excited to share it with you.